Accept terms and subscribe to Alces Flight Solo

I have been using your Alces Flight Solo Community Edition AMI (ami-619b9105) within our AWS account and would like to also use this AMI within a new AWS sub-account. However, I cannot accept the terms and subscribe to the AMI as this version has been removed from the AWS marketplace. Is there any way of subscribing to this legacy flight AMI or do I have to move over to using the OpenFlightHPC?

To create a new cluster I have been using the legacy solo-cluster CloudFormation template. From reading into the new OpenFlightHPC I cannot find a similar AMI and CloudFormation template, is this now all controlled through the flight-architect tool?

Thank you for your help in advanced.

Hi @c.carolan,

Firstly, welcome to the forums!

The Flight Compute product has been removed from the marketplace in order to transition towards the OpenFlightHPC project which will be providing a new take on Flight Compute in the future.

As you mentioned, there is the Flight Solo Cluster template provided by OpenFlightHPC. This will generate a Flight Compute 2017.2 cloud cluster.

Some of the older AMIs are still available through AWS, although not with any CloudFormation templates. I’d personally recommend that you use the template mentioned above as the latest Flight Compute will contain helpful bug fixes and usability improvements. If you absolutely need the older versions then the legacy Flight Compute AMIs can be found here.

Cheers,

Stu

Hi Stuts,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I have found the legacy AMIs within the marketplace but they can’t be used within my new sub-account as they are no longer available to subscribe to. I don’t think there is a workaround for this?

The AMIs listed within the CloudFormation template for the 2017.2 cluster are not available in AWS for the regions I have checked:

Thanks

Hi @c.carolan,

There was an issue with AMI migration and account changes that invalidated the AMIs in the template.

The template has been updated to contain working AMIs.

Apologies for the inconvenience but these AMIs and the launch template should no longer cause issues.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Stu