AWS Openflight HPC images key

Hi - I was recommended Alces Flight Compute, but this appears to be replaced with Openflight HPC? I’m trying to set up a HPC cluster using the Openflight HPC stack to use with a Nextflow pipeline. I was hoping to download the images into my AWS account as in https://openflighthpc.org/images/aws/centos7/ here, however when I try and download from the repo, I get an error saying that the key doesn’t exist? Do I need a key to authorise me to access the images from the repo/bucket?

Has anyone else experienced this issue who’s used the Openflight HPC stack?

Antonio

Hi Antonio,

Welcome to the forums!

Apologies, you’ve caught the images at just the wrong time, currently the image is in the process of being re-uploaded after an issue in the image. The image should be available in about an hour. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Kind Regards,

Stu

Hi Stu - Wow thanks for such a fast response! So there’s no key required for downloading the images and it should just work once the re-upload that you’re doing is complete? Is that just the error that AWS gives if the image has an issue?

Thanks -
Tony

I try to keep an eye on the forum as best as I can!

Yep, there’s no key as the images are publicly shared and AWS does give that - fairly cryptic - error message when the upstream file is unavailable.

I’ll be sure to drop a message here when the upload is finished.

Cheers,

Stu

@antonio_ac that image is live now.

I suggest a refresh of the image import instructions as there has been a slight tweak regarding the AMI creation settings (namely, setting the disk size to default to a size large enough for applications and some data).

Hi Stu - that image download worked this morning! I’m waiting for AWS to import the snapshot at the moment!

Thanks for your help!
Tony

2 posts were split to a new topic: Flight Power Server on CentOS 8