GPU support in flight

Hello,

GPU support doesn’t work automatically for TensorFlow on my OpenFlight in Azure. I’ve been using this guide to install on Ubuntu:
https://www.tensorflow.org/install/gpu

does anyone know if there is something similar for openflight?

Thankyou in advance

Kaya

Hi Kaya,

From the looks of things, the GPU version is just a slightly different package name. Sadly (presumably down to the containerised nature of Singularity) I cannot seem to find a decent image for running Tensorflow GPU through it, however, Conda seems to be able to install it.

To use GPU Tensorflow with Conda (replacing 1.15 with your desired version of tensorflow):

pip install tensorflow-gpu==1.15

Cheers,

Stu

Hi Stu,

Thankyou but I already have tensorflow-gpu, I was referring to the CUDA/CUPTI libraries? the OpenFlight install does not seem to include these automatically.

eg

2020-03-30 16:30:19.271787: E tensorflow/stream_executor/cuda/cuda_driver.cc:318] failed call to cuInit: UNKNOWN ERROR (303)
2020-03-30 16:30:19.271836: I tensorflow/stream_executor/cuda/cuda_diagnostics.cc:156] kernel driver does not appear to be running on this host (kayagpu): /proc/driver/nvidia/version does not exist
Num GPUs Available:  0```

Hi Kaya,

I see what you mean now.

The OpenFlight images do not come with graphics libraries for CUDA installed and the user suite does not set these up. It should just be a matter of following the Azure GPU setup guide to get the Tensorflow job to run.

Hope this helps.

Stu